If I said I was at a loss for words after today, I’d be lying. I have a million words running through my head in no particular order and if I could say them in the right order I’d feel much better.
I closed a HUGE chapter of my life today. I’m not sure how I feel about this. (Cue random thoughts…)
- I’ve despised my boss for a VERY long time. I’m not sad for going away from him. But I am sad because he really, really believes that I’m sad for leaving him. I’m not. He started crying on his way out the door this afternoon. He tries to do good by me and I completely take advantage of it. I know it’s wrong but he’s been such an arrogant ass that I feel as though I’m his bad karma waiting to happen. Pretty sure I’m returning the stuff he told me I could take. Or at least donating it.
- I’ve only ever worked at this company…. it’s been my entire life. But it was taken over by another company and they completely destroyed it. This happened years ago and I’ve put up with it because they pay me too much money. No longer.
- I’ve ended one tie to Frank. I still have my husband’s connection to him. But this one needed to go. I’m sad over that. I’m really sad over that. But in reality it’s not about him and my family comes before all of this.
- I’m excited for what our future holds as I feel as though I’m finally *freed* from the bondage of my boss. I really do. It’s liberating because he’s held me at arms length(and closer a lot of times) for so many years. I’m ready for the next chapter as there is so much potential. I’m ready to see what else is out there on my own. But I’m also a bit scared.
- My husband couldn’t be happier with this move. He bought me flowers today and took all of us out to dinner at a nice place. He’s excited for me to move on and out on my own (figuratively, he’s forever hated my boss for obvious reasons). He’s excited for me to finally do what I’ve always wanted to do but have been too scared to do it. He really feels like this is the best move and has been encouraging me to do this for a very long time. I love him for this and allowing me to do this on my own terms.
I’m getting through it and hopefully it’s a short transition.